How much do kittens cost?

I know they cost alot more than most pets, and I have to wait until my 16th birthday to get a kitten... but how much is the kitten alone?

Comments

• I got my cat for free from a lady who runs a rescue, but he had to be fixed, get shots, and such. This was 8-9 years ago.

• that depends on wehre you get it from. A kitten can be upwards of a hundred dollars. HOWEVER if you adopt one from an animal shelter (which a HIGHLY recommend) it tends to be a lot less money.

I recommend you get a full grown cat, one thats only a year old or so. why? 1. They are a lot cheaper (I got my kitty for only 20 dollars at the shelter) 2. The average animal shelter will only keep a cat for one year before they put it to sleep (that means they kill it) 3. You never know how a cat will be if you get it as a kitten, full grown cats have already developed their own personality. 4. It will be cheaper, because you wont have to start out with kitten food and you wont have to train it to use the litter box and the like.

If you have your heart set on a kitten get one from the shelter or, keep your eyes open for signs. At least in my area there are always signs up in the late spring for FREE kittens. so it really just depends on the time of the year and here you go to get one.

• Well you could go to the pound and adopt a kitten for $90 dollars or more it depends. I would suggest to look in the newspaper or even family or close friends that have cats that have kittens. I recently got a kitten and my mom's friend gave it away for free. Most people just give them away.

I bought the litter box, litter, kitten food, and food bowl and maybe toys for $10-20 bucks at Dollar General/Family Dollar. It is a good price.

Some vets even have a deal in getting them fix and all their shots.

I know my vet has a deal in February, that's when I am getting Simba fixed.

Anyway, good luck. Hope I helped (:

You will love having your own kitten(:

• Depends.

If you want a stray ask around or even check out handwritten signs in pet places. Most people will give away free kittens. But then you run into charges if you choose to take him the vet and have vaccinations and stuff.

If you want a certain breed. Lets pretend you want a Scottish Fold kitten. That'll run you around $100 up to a possible $800 per kitten.

If you buy a stray that a local vet clinic had taken in they will normally sell it to you from around $60 - $100 because they go ahead and supply them with their shots and checkups.

I personally heard of stray kitten who needed a home and I went and picked him up and he's been neutered and is up to date on all his shots. Several months later Milo is healthy and he has cost me around $200 for vet appointments.

Hope this helped!

• Well if you wanted to get a kitten at the SPCA it would be $100 and a cat $50. I know cause I work there. But if it's a kitten at the pet shop well between $100-$1000. If you wanted a pure breed kitten it would be near $1000.

Hope I helped :)

• the best way is to get a rescue kitty. All 5 of ours are rescues or they just came to the house and were adopted. First vet fees and a spay/neuter can run up to $200-300 total. Save you're allowance! Also stay away from the pet shops. They are from puppy/kitty mills and could easily have diseases even tho they say they have clean health reports. You don't want to take one home and get attached and have it die in a month from feline leukemia or something else. Plus if you have other pets you are risking their health. My strays always stay in confinement until the vet gives the go ahead to integrate the new kitty into the family. I've never had one die or even get sick.

• Depends where you live. There are tons of free kittens or craigslist. My animal shelter is 25 for kittens under 6 months, and 15 for over six months of age. :) best of luck finding your little friend:)

• a regular domestic could be actualluy be around 50.00 -100...you'll be suprised how many are in shelters. check you local paper and any local online ads like craigslist.com.... if you purchase a kitten from a pet shop, they could run anywhere between 100-200.00 however, if you want an exotic kitten like a persian, bengal, etc...they could run about 500 to 1000.00 dollar... those you will find from breeders

• It depends if where you get it from.

A shelter, real pet store, a friend's...

• Depends if you like black or white.