True Love is temporary. Agree or disagree?

I tend to think "True Love" soon wears off over time. Maybe I am not experienced enough?

Update:

@DazzlePLINES: I don't hear the term "True Love" thrown around alot by teenagers. I have yet to experience what True Love really is..

Comments

• Disagree. True love is eternal. I think true love is all that is and when one realizes that life is finite, that person feels united with true love. I don't think a person holds your true love; I think two people can be masked under true love. That can come down to meaning that they will always be there for each other until they die.

• there's no such thing as a true or false love, love is love take it or leave it and love ir permanent but its in the hand of the lover to hold the fire forever.

In the beginning we love unconditionally and we do things for the other person, to make them happy through which we become happy as well. This coming from both sides is awesome and all until one does more and the other less, taking it for granted and going back to his/her selfish nature (which we all are btw). Love then wears off and the relationship becomes a burden.

But on the other hand, the two birds will continue building their love and respect for eachother, not letting down on any of the things they did before, and even more, being less selfish, because love is not selfish at all. Its all about the we, not the me. Then love is permanent. And that love exists but there are few who know how to keep it.

• Everything is temporary. But something can be on and off, come and go. True love is one of the later. When you are completely asleep, there is nothing that is true not even your life in your mind, but you dream/nightmare, let alone true love.

• True I've been in love and out of love enough to know it hasn't lasted for me that long yet. Sad but true.

• Jimmy, I think you should listen to this song. It's a country song but if you listen to the words it might start to make sense to you.

He Stopped Loving Her Today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp5Rdb9ncfM

Personally, I don't think love is temporary but something that you know you have and you receive. Something that you couldn't lose because now it's your world. It becomes a part of who you are and what you are. You find out it is no more you and her but it is us.

• no one can answer that.

everyone has different experiences. and true love is probably different to each individual.

and you cant get a vote from every single person in the world... and even if u did, as i said before, it would be different to everyone.

and how would they know it's true love anyway? what defines true love?

all you can do is love everyone and do what you can to make ppl happy. dont go searching for 'true love'

• True love is as temporary as true life.

• uh.......somewhere in the middle. You can think you have found your "true love" but it isn't, but when you really find your true love, itll last forever

• True love is not temporary, Lust is.

• Everything and everyone is temporary.