Godless America Monologue?

I remember reading this moving monologue a year or so ago about how america had become a Godless society and I forget the name or who said it. The one line I remember is something along the lines of "we have asked God to leave in so many parts of our society, that he has quietly stepped out." If anyone know what I'm talking about please help!

Update:

Thanks Bobington! I'm going to research if she was the one but for some reason I feel as if a man delivered the monologue.

Comments

• It was Anne Graham (daughter of Billy Graham) who said:

"We have asked God to leave our schools, homes and businesses, and as a gentleman that is exactly what God has done."

But she said that in response to the events of 9/11.

It's possible that she took or adapted that quote from the man you describe; I have definitely heard similar quote before, and it sounds very familiar.

• Ann Coulter's book is called Godless: The Church of Liberalism, but I don't think that's the one for which you're looking.

Perhaps you mean something that Anne Graham Lotz said? She's the daughter of Billy and Ruth Graham. I received an e-mail that was quoting her, so I checked Snopes http://www.snopes.com/rumors/wheregod.asp to see if it was true or an Internet hoax (they also have a transcript of the entire interview, just click the link towards the bottom of the page and you'll be able to read it).

They have what she truly said on this interview 2 days after the terrorist attacks in 2001 (in response to the question below):

Jane Clayson: "I've heard people say, those who are religious, those who are not, if God is good, how could God less this happen? To that, you say?"

Anne Graham Lotz: "I say God is also angry when he sees something like this. I would say also for several years now Americans in a sense have shaken their fist at God and said, God, we want you out of our schools, our government, our business, we want you out of our marketplace. And God, who is a gentleman, has just quietly backed out of our national and political life, our public life. Removing his hand of blessing and protection. We need to turn to God first of all and say, God, we're sorry we have treated you this way and we invite you now to come into our national life. We put our trust in you. We have our trust in God on our coins, we need to practice it."

I hope that helps.

• Ann Coulter