Do apartments offer free internet access?

I never had an apartment but I will at some point. At work a guy told me that it is possible to get connected to the internet for free at an apartment. Can I really connect to the internet for free at an apartment or is he wrong?

Comments

• Some landlords offer free wifi, others don't. If not, the only way to get it "free" is tap into your neighbor's connections. That is theft of service and illegal unless you have their permission to do so.

• the apartment where I live has free wifi and has not increased the rent. You know of course that anyone can see what you're doing on the internet if you use the wifi. Why not get slower but cheaper dialup, mine is $12.95 and is connected to landline phone service which is great because the phone lines need to always be running for safety reasons, so when other internet is down mine will still be running.

• Internet speed is based upon your ISP (internet service provider). Any software claiming to increase your speed is a gimmick. The only way to increase your downloading speed is to upgrade your broadband connection.

• Some upscale apartments include internet service and/or cable TV service.

• if they are offering free internet they have added to the price of the rent

• Does the apartment owner provide free internet access? then yes.

if not then maybe you can leach off your neighbors wifi.

• Some do...some don't.