Update MAC OS X 10.5.8?

i have a Mac OS X 10.5.8 and wanna upgrade but i cant find an upgrade even i go to

Apple>About this mac>software update.

what i mean is that i wanna have 10.6 or above but if i download that update it says i need 10.6.0 to update first.

please help.

Comments

• You cant just update to 10.6.0 you need to go to the apple store or order your copy of snow leopard. Its like when you need to get windows 7 to replace windows vista. Because 10.6.0 and 10.5 are different mac OS. Get the disc from store or online and then install from the disc, and then you can update 10.6.0 to 10.6.3

• Wait, before you do that, you ned to make sure your mac is Intel based otherwise 10.6 will not work at all on your computer.

In the same place you got the version number, it should tell you your processor type. If it says Intel, your fine and can upgrade to 10.6. If it says PPC then you absolutely CANNOT upgrade to 10.6 because 10.6 does not support Intel processors.

• I have Snow Leopard and upgraded from Leopard and it does not delete any of your computers files. It's like when you are updating Leopard with a new patch or like when you are updating an application. So you will be fine. I love Snow Leopard compared to Leopard, it improved a bunch.

• That's because MacOSX 10.6 is a purchase item for you. $29. Go to apple.com/macosx and pay yer bucks. Then, after that, you'll get 10.6.0; then, after that, you'll get updates to 10.6.3