Do braces hurt?

So i got my tooth our for braces and it didnt hurt too bad and my mouth didnt hurt at all after so im getting my braces in 4 days. Does it hurt all the time after you get them or is it just sore when you eat? Does it hurt even if you arent doing anything?

Comments

• Hello, I am here to hopefully give you your answer. I have been in braces for the last 5-6 years. And during most of that time, I have barely noticed them. They normally do not hurt you. The only time you might feel pain (more like dull soreness) is when,

*getting them on

*getting them retightened after a very long time

*your orthodontist wants to do specific movement and has to use springs, chain bands and other thing for quick & large movements

Though something that you will defiantly will want to know is that your wires and braces can catch on your cheeks & lips. So to prevent this, make sure you always have wax to cover the braces that are irritating you. And keep the back of your wires really short :)

Oh and the pain should only last a few days

(Usually 5 max)

• For me, the pain from my new braces lasted only for about a week. I developed an irritation in my mouth due to one of the brackets with a hook that kept scratching the insides of my mouth, but I used dental wax and it's almost healed now! I'd recommend to not floss for the first two days since your teeth are pulled together so much that it'll feel EXTREMELY painful and seem like your teeth are cracking apart. Good luck to you and your braces!

• They hurt for 2 days when you just get them, after that they don't hut as much. Maybe when it comes to tight 'em up, it might hurt for like the day but nothing worse than that. Braces are the best thing in the world for your teeth!

• Do braces hurt because I'm getting them soon

• every time the dentist tightens the wire,you feel pain for 2-3 days and then painless till next appointment.. the only thing that irritates is the food lodgement within braces every time you eat...

• It will hurt you when you will first start wearing braces. Once you will become use to it. It is not going to hurt you anymore.

• It hurts for maybe the first 2 or 3 days, after that is it painless, just annoying.