why do my eyes change color?

when i were something gree my eyes slowly but surely start turning gree then around the outside of the retna its a thicker green circle going completley around. and it does the same thing when i where something blue. but my eye colur is natrually hazel. please help me i mean its cool but a scary mystery? thank you

Update:

no i testes the theor on my eyes are just mirroring the colur by putting on a gree shirt then i put a whit towel over my body waited a few minute then looked in the mirror and it was just as gree. so it cant be that.

Comments

• I am going to try to explain in armature reasoning:

-When you see a color, you are only seeing what it is reflecting, not what it really is

For example: when you see the color blue, it is really soaking in every color, except for blue, thus reflecting it.

-Now when you are wearing a shirt that is reflecting the color blue, it is close to eyes, thus reflecting into your eyes, making the illusion that your iris is of a bluer persuasion.

i hope that helped, and didn't completely confuse you, it is a hard concept to understand, but that's how it is! its totally normal for people with hazel eyes, it happens to my brother, and i am royally jealous.

• my eyes seem to change too, its probablly the lighting, when im in the sun my eyes seem really green, but in darker places their more hazel

• it's just the way the light hits the iris.. your eye doesn't "change" colors, it's just the different shades that makes it appear slightly different..