birth control pills problem?

Is it possible and normal for a 22 years girl for use birth control pills to stop period?

Comments

• It's possible.

For most combined contraceptive pills it works like this: you take them 21 days and then you don't take them 7 days.. that's when the period occurs, in the 7 days you've stopped taking it.

But if you continue taking them and don't make the 7 days pause, then the period won't occur.

So you can skip a period this way, or postpone it (for example, take the pill for 28 days instead of 21 and then have the 7 day break, which will postpone the period by 1 week).

Postponing a week or so from time to time, when you really need to, or even skipping a period, shouldn't have serious health consequences, but doing it frequently or stopping you period for like 6 months... that's not good for you.

Hope I answered your question.

• Birth control pills are to stop pregnancy. Not for preventing periods. However there are pills to post pone periods. Consult a Gynaecologist.

• Your hormones would have replaced and your birth control would now not have a competent result on your moods and sessions. i understand I had that difficulty once. i became on one birth control for 3 years and each and everything became great...then hastily, i grew to develop into into the most important B*tch and were given 3 week sessions and easily one week off in between them. pass on your healthcare professional and communicate switching delivery controls. you are able to elect to guage a form that you do not ought to undergo in ideas each day, which comprise the nuvaring or patch or shot. not taking your pills around the same time each day could also result the way they result you. reliable luck!