Auto Club Speedway into a restrictor plate track?

Comments

• This to me would be yet another huge mistake by NASCAR regarding this track.

Keep in mind, the general area of Auto Club Speedway includes two pro hockey teams, three pro basketball teams, two major league baseball teams, two prominent athletic universities with big time sports programs, the entertainment capital of the world, beaches, etc. There are so many other things to do in Southern California than sit in overpriced seats to watch boring racing. The track clearly can't fill the stands for two NASCAR weekends a year.

What I WOULD do is what Bruton Smith did with Las Vegas Motor Speedway and what ISC did with Homestead-Miami Speedway. Compound banking, with the banking getting progressively steeper the farther up the track you go. That would encourage better racing there.

Restrictor-plate racing is the most boring form of racing to me because it's not who has the best car, but who can draft with someone else the best at the right time. It would be a HUGE mistake for Auto Club Speedway to make their races restrictor plate races.

• Geez! Lets hope not. 4 restrictor plate races is already 4 too many. Lets get the Southern 500 back and The Rock as well. LA folks dont care 'bout Nascar.

• I don't think it would be their best option, but they do need to fix that track. Maybe they're trying to boost ticket sales and fill the stands? If so, restrictor plate races won't do it. Increasing the banks would add more excitement. What does NASCAR have to say about it....?

Go JR.>>>>

• I like the idea of the high banks but not the restrictor plates.

• Rockingham gets back one race

1 Fontana, restictor plate

1 Michigan, restrictor plate

Darlington adds a race, or Mexico City gets a Cup race

• I say Bank the track more--resurface it and Leave the Restrictor Plates out of it!!!!!

• Plate racing is not my favorite. I think the 4 races are enough. If Fontana does it, Michigan will follow and you'll have 43 guys bunched together in 8 races. I hope NASCAR will abandon this thought. I think maybe they should only go to Fontana once and bring Rockingham back as the second race of the year.

• long green flag is already boring at fontana and dont bring restrictor plate that will be boring and i dislike restrictor plate racing cuz you can only win by drafting help dont dont dont do it nascar

• i hate restrictor plates, i know it's all about safety, but they slow the cars down, i don't watch Nascar to see cars go slow, i watch Nascar to see the cars go zoom! zoom! zoom! fast.....