Tremolo Pedal or Phase 90 pedal?

I recently started playing electric guitar and started looking into effects pedals. I have distortion, wah, and some other basic pedals. Now, I'm wondering whether I should get a tremolo pedal (Boss TR-2) for $80 or a phaser (MXR M-101 Phase 90) also for $80. Thanks.

Comments

• You can listen to me, but this is entirely biased LoL. I'd go with the tremolo. If you're looking to go into Alternative/Pop type of rock music especially, I'd go with the tremolo. You can do a lot of different things with it. The phaser, at least on electric, seems to be a rip off of distortion. Then again it depends. If you are planning on doing something like effects guitar playing, go with the tremolo. I personally cannot stand phaser effects lol.

• depends what sound you want to get tremolo and phase are very different from each other. I have a lot more fun with my phase pedal the tremolo gets really boring. listen to Van Halen, the song Unchanied for a phaser sound.

• Tremolo in my opinion.

Unless you're doing 80s style music, and then I'd say get a phaser. it adds that space-agey sound to it.

But I think tremolo would be best, it can really add depth to a song if used in the right places.

• Phase 90. Definitly.

Many classic amps have tremolo built in, but none have a phase 90.

• Tremelo. You will be able to put into many more songs. It's a very usefull effect. Phasers are cool but if you try it more than a few times on one record, it gets very gimmicky.

TR-2 is awesome.

• Go to musician's friend .com or music 123 and you will find an effects processor for that much. They have all of the above and you can even make your own effects. I have one and recorded a CD using some of the effects. One of the songs was played on local radio.As you can see they are really quiet.

• No if you want to learn how to play,reverb and distortion is all and you need only play 1/2 the time with that.