Is Quincy, Illinois far away from Chicago?

My boyfriend had just moved 2 Quincy, Illinois from Chicago, Illinois. i still live in Chicago but idk if i would ever be able 2 c him again. is it close?

Comments

• They are about 300 miles apart. Chicago is in the northeast section of Illinois and Quincy is in the central western section of Illinois. I used to drive between Chicago and Quincy on business years ago. It took me about six hours one way. Since that time, they have improved Interstate 72 in western Illinois so the travel time might be shorter today.

I liked Quincy because it was bigger than a small town but not as big as Chicago. I would not mind living there.

Click on the top source link I posted below to see if Greyhound busses travel between Chicago and Quincy.

Click on the bottom source link I posted below to see if Amtrak still travels between Chicago and Quincy.

• Quincy is 289 Miles southwest of Chicago, and very close to the Missouri border.

Ian M

• A relative attended university in Quincy and she discovered that taking Amtrak was faster than driving.

• Mapquest.com has it at 5 hours and 8 minutes.

• It isn't close, but it isn't terribly far.

Probably 5-6 hours away.

I am sure Grayhound goes there, if you don't have a car.

• it roughly a 6 hour drive//and yes you will be able to see him .spend weekends with him