If God exists why do tragedies occur?

Things like natural disasters, murders, & rape. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just curious as to what you think about these things.

Comments

• great question.

because human beings are living below their full potential. they forgot to be happy, light hearted like children and they have learned all kinds of belief systems and patterns. they are desperate, feel not loved, they are lacking fulfillment in the inner and outer world, therefore they create these miseries.

if they would open up to their divine nature, all this would disappear.

"god gives you the freedom to be in bondage".

he/ your inner divine nature is always here to serve you, but we obey to belief systems and convictions instead of looking through the heart, with intuition.

when we look with intuition, the heart, then we see nothing but beauty and wonderful people around us.

if we look through mind, our belief systems (i am not good enough, i am ugly, nobody likes me, i will never succeed...) then we get angry at these beliefs, and in order to stop this vicious circle in our mind, we do all kind of stupid things.

addictions, crime, hurting ourselves or others...

if we look with heart, like small children do, if we find our inner natural hapiness, then we can express it and share it with others.

god is not an object, he is the subject. god is not a man somewhere in heaven, he is life itself. life energy, life force itself.

you are not a human being having spiritual experiences, you are a spiritual being havin a human experience.

• People say because Adam and Eve sinned, by why is god still making us pay for something that happened thousands of years ago? We had nothing to do with it. We couldn't help what Adam and Eve did. I'm sorry, but the Adam and Eve thing is the poorest excuse I have heard for tradgedy. If god was so loving and forgiving and so intelligent, he wouldn't make innocent people suffer for the mistakes of 2 people thousands of years ago. If he really created everything we see, then hes smarter and better than that.

• because God gave us freewill. He can't control what murderers or rapists think or do. and the natural disasters thing- some people believe that is partly down to global warming. which was again, caused by the human race. hope this helps you a little xxx

• People are given the freedom to make choices. Sometimes they are bad choices. As for the natural disaster thing, I just don't know.

• Everything happens for a reason. Sometime there are things we just cant understand. I am always comforted by these verses from the bible when i think about that.

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace

• I find it even more interesting that people who believe in this concept assume that the "creator" cares about it's creations. If there is a divine mechanism that has created all of this, why do people believe that this mechanism, communicates, watches over, has emotion, and finally judges us later - what if it just creates things, nothing more? It's like asking your microwave to feed you; it only cooks the food, it cares nothing of flavor, consistency, or consumption.

• Because God is not controlling world events- Satan is. By sinning, Adam and Eve chose to be under Satan's rulership and God let them be. That way, we can all see that being under Satan's rulership is a horrible thing.

But it won't remain like this forever, one day soon Jehovah will take action against the wicked and Satan and leave the righteous to live in peace....

Learn more at www watchtower org

• When Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they brought sin and death into the world.

God came to Earth manifest in the flesh, Jesus Christ and paid the price for us. This is the good news.

• he dosnt exist

if god was that great there would be no human sufferering

everyone would be perfect

everyTHING would be perfect

he has no reason to 'test' the human race or whatever theists are claiming as justification for these things

i dont belive in god i believe in humans and science

those are why tragedies occur

oh and everything else in this world

• For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. Romans 8:22

Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. Psalm 42:7