Do Americans drink Caesars?

Someone told me it's a Canadian thing. It is Vodka, Clamato, tabasco, and worcestershire sauce with a salted or celery salted rim and usualy served with a celery stick.

Comments

• The ceaser was invented in Calgary as a signature drink on the grand opening a restaurant at the Calgary Inn. Walter Chell is credited with it's invention.

Clamato was not available at the time and the real clam juice was used as an ingredient.

It has spread across Canada over the next couple decades but penetration to the United States is limited to mostly border cities and small pockets.

The Bloody Mary is similar but far less complex. Clamato has a tangy zip that transforms the drink into something beautiful. Most people who try it switch to the Ceaser and abandon it's plane Jane cousin Mary.

• Bloody Mary w/ Clamato.

• I've never heard of it - of course I just moved to PA and they look at me like I'm crazy if I just order tomato juice with my beer so who knows. The whole "Clamato" thing freaks me out - I love bloody mary's though.

• Sounds just like a "bloody mary". That's what we call it here.

• YES I HAVE SEEM THE PEOPLE SERVE IT ON PARTY PUT I HAVE NOT TRY IT

• tried it didn't care for it that much though.