how do you use a tv as a computer monitor?

is it possible to hook a computer to a tv and what cable(s) do i need as well what is the price of a decent one of this cable?

Comments

• You can indeed. It all depends on what connection your PC and your TV will support. You can connect it via S-Video, HDMI, VGA and others. But you need to check that yourself. After you rig the cables up you must use the source feature on your TV to recognise a computer input.

• That depends on both your computer and your TV.

First, look at the inputs for your TV:

> Does your TV have a 15-pin D-sub VGA input?

> Does your TV have an s-video input?

> Does your TV have composite ( RCA: yellow/red/white ) inputs?

Then, look at the outputs of your computer:

> Does your computer have an extra ( or single, if using the TV in place of a monitor as opposed to in addition ) 15-pin D-sub VGA output?

> Does your computer have an extra ( or single ) DVI-I output?

> Does your computer have an s-video output?

> Does your computer have a composite ( yellow RCA ) output?

Once you have found the answers to those, you have found your answer.

• yes u can use ur tv as a computer screen if ur laptop and tv both have a HDMI cable then you can use this to conect them, a good HDMI cable is about 7 pounds

you can also conect some tv screens using a scart leed, and u could get these in walworths for about 50p but if u go to any eletrics store like currys they are about a pound

• Yes- S-video cable

• Have you tried a DVI or a VGA cable yet?

press the Input Select Button on your tv til you get your desktop's screen on it.

• Yes, if your connections match up.

Cable costs about 7 bucks.

• as long as your video card can do it it is possible. usually it is called RCA cable, it is really cheap. it is the yellow cirlce socket on your TV and video card. But if you got a really expensive pc and tv, might as well use HD cable.

• You are being to vague, I need more specifics, like is it a LCD, Plasma, CRT TV, what kind of graphics card, VGA, S-VIDEO, COMPOSITE, HDMI/DVI?

• That's not possible, but you can go on the internet using your tv by downloading the internet channel on the Wii

• just listen to James!!