Mars or Arizona Desert??

Does anybody doubt that those pictures from "mars" are just the arizona desert , I mean it looks just like that and it is very close to Hollywood.

Comments

• Ohh ohh. Let's start another conspiracy theory!

Yes.

Hey, did you know that the camera in the mars rover was made at the University of Arizona! Coincidence.... I think not.

(you're wacko)

• When considering conspiracy theories just remember this: the bigger the conspiracy the bigger the proof required. The same applies to halfwits who doubt the moon landings. Would you not agree that it is harder to pull off a major conspiracy than actually going to the moon or placing a rover on Mars? In addition, if you doubt NASA why do you think countries like Russia or China have not exposed the alleged fraud? Because there isn't one. Anyone with a radio telescope can just point it at Mars and receive the Rover signals and the same applied for Apollo in the '60s and '70s. Please also look up Ockam's Razor, which stipulates that when two or more explanations exist then you should always choose the one with the simplest and fewest stages. A conspiracy of this magnitude is far harder to pull off than landing on the moon or sending rovers to Mars.

• This is a real problem with all of modern science---only the scientists are close enough to the actual experiments and the data so that they can be really certain, as a first-person experience, that the experiment is actually being done and that the results are as claimed.

Any particular scientist can only do a few experiments, and must believe the other scientists are not deliberately lying. The penalties for detected scientific fraud are high, but not so high that it never happens.

The general public, who are paying for all this, generally get the results second or third hand, and there is quite reasonably room for doubt. Sometimes the public gets a first-hand scientific experience. The public are very happy when some scientific discovery cures them of a terrible disease, and they know it when a new weapon does them harm. They're happy with their microwave ovens, cell phones, and satellite TV.

There is, of course, no way to convince a dedicated conspiracy theorist---any piece of evidence can be dismissed. But the overall problem can be approached with better science education, especially including hands-on experimentation.

• No.

It's Mars.

How can you seriously doubt today's technology - when you take a look at some of the consumer electronic gadgets on the market. Try and imagine what's still under development in the R&D departments around the country.

There's no doubt the pictures are from Mars.

• No, don't start that crap. The similarities end with the color of the soil. Both, of course, are due to the same thing...oxidizing of iron bearing compounds on both Mars and Earth. There are way too many dissimilarities, however, to count.

Note: when I was in far western Texas, I took some photos of the landscape with a cheap webcam and noted that if I substituted boulders for the sagebrush it would look just like Mars.

• Hey, dude...ain't ya heard yet? The whole solar system is a government conspiracy. Also the Earth is flat and Elvis is alive and working in a donut shop in Cleveland. I saw all that on a website and everybody knows all websites tell nothing but the truth.

• If you're interested in space--try nasa.gov or space.com.

Stop wasting your time on the conspiracy theory websites. Those are set up either by con artists trying to make a fast buck or by losers who have nothing better to do than make up stupid stories to make themselves feel important.

And they should be ashamed of themselves--a lot of kids read their nonsense and get confused.

• see we can live on mars because mars have ice on poles. we can put mirrors there then ice will be melt in water and there is so much of water that it cover half of mars then there would be blue-green algae which can produce oxygen

• Why, do you think the sand on mars should somehow look "more martian" or something? Sheesh, some people are so ignorant.

• Nope, there's no Grand Canyon on Mars.