Why do girls dye their hair so often? Do guys prefer natural color?

Why do so many women dye their hair so much? I think so many people would look so much better with their natural color...instead of FAKE blonde with dark roots always coming through, or extremely dark colors which look terrible with natural fair skin. Do guys prefer natural or fake color?

I love my natural hair color and have never dyed it once. Im 20 years old and do not plan on dying it until gray appears, which will be a very sad day.

Update:

and im not dissing blondes....natural is pretty. fake platinum with dark roots showing is not.

Comments

• Why do they wear makeup or do any of the hundreds of things they do to their bodies? Because they aren't satisfied with they way they look. It seldom has little to do with how the guys perceive them, it's mostly about how they perceive themselves and how they think others perceive them.

Guys might be lured momentarily by the illusion girls build up concerning their appearance, but not in the long run. Also, all of this fake stuff makes the girl not seem a real person, so guys tend not to treat them as a real person but as the doll they have made themselves up to be. When you girls complain that guys don't treat you like a human being, maybe you should consider that.

• I agree with your comment that girls who dye their hair terribly, with hideously fake blonde and black or colors that just look unnatural and unattractive. But dying your hair is not a bad thing. I've seen a lot of girls with dyed hair who look beautiful. I've only dyed my hair once and it was non-permanent. But thats cool that you have never dyed your hair . . . Kudos?

Oh and another thing . . . I hate it when people bring up "Do guys like this more?" Look, if it looks good, most guys will like it! Don't think that a guy will never like a girl with dyed hair and that only natural hair is the way to go. All guys are different and generalizations like that are ignorant to make.

• Dark. Messy yet clean. Usually wavy or straight unless the guy looks really good with curly hair. Not long hair. Longest would be kind of a swept over mop head for me.

• i love my hair color too, its dark in the winter and i get natural highlights from the sun in the summer

seriously, it bugs me when i see people with a new hair color every semester at school considering i go to an all girls school

the only reason i might ye my hair is if i go gray early, especially since my sister found a few gray hairs on me and im only 15, yikes

• I dunno, some people prefer a certain colour better on them. It's what THEY want I guess. I have a friend who naturally her hair is light brown with really light blonde highlights and she dyed her hair dark brown and it honestly fits her personality and it looks much better on her. But it all depends.

Don't get me wrong, natural hair may be beautiful, but trying something different is okay too.

• Guys prefer whatever is hot, and stop dissing on blondes.

Good for you for loving your hair, GOOD FOR YOU!

And you know what I love, I love popcorn, FTW.

Well it's just pretty sad to ask a question like this, who really cares? Who gives a crap if you love your hair? Everyone is different, every guy is different.

• I prefer natural by a longshot. I am utterly repulsed by dyed hair. I have broken several girl's hearts because I can't stand it.

• i prefer au naturale, but i think that a hormone inside us girls causes us not to be happy with ourselves so we try to change ourselves to please others and us. or one time, i had a really bad breakup. i mean REALLY REALLY bad. so i got a drastic haircut. sometimes when we are "washing ourselves" from an incident, dyeing our hair is a way to say, "ive changed, and i wont do it again.

• OKAY LOOK:D UMMM GUYS LIKE VERY DARK HAIR, OR VERY BLOND HAIR, SOOO IF YOU HAVE BROWN HAIR, YOUR SCREWED.:P BUT GUYS LOVE CRAZY CUT HAIR, AND WILD MAKEUP. SOOO,

I WOULD TOTALLY CONSIDER DYING YOUR HAIR!!!!!:D

HOPE I HELPED, MADDI:}

• cuz we want to look pretty