how do i turn off "service due now" on my 1999 mercedes 320e?

Update:

if i would wont to take it to a dealer i would not ask the question on the internet. i can do without the wisecracks.

Comments

• Resetting ASSYST after oil change (oil change reset) at instrument cluster:

Move start switch into position "2".

Within the first 4 s after moving start switch into position "2": press reset button for trip counter twice within one second . The display for the service request is thus activated for 10 s .

Within these 10 s move start switch into position "0". The service request continues to be displayed.

Press reset button for trip counter and hold pressed.

Move start switch into position "2".

Continue to hold reset button for trip counter pressed (about 1O s ) until the signal sounds and the new start distance appears in the display.

• 99 Mercedes E320 Service Reset

• Using your multifunction steering wheel controls, come to the service screen that displays service due now, hold the odometer reset button until screen displays something like Confirm service reset by pressing R. Let off of the odometer reset button and hold in again until screen changes. The other post for turning key to position "0" is for 202, 208, 163, and 140 etc, body mercedes that have assyst but do not have multi function steering wheel.

• Don't laugh! We had a new car that had a computer chip replaced 4 times by the manufacturer because the "Check Engine Light" kept coming on. My husband got mad, put a piece of black electrical tape over the light and traded the car about a year later with the tape still over the light.

• Take it to the dealer and have it serviced, or don't, let problems build up in the car, get on yahoo answers and complain and take about hose much Mercs suck, even though it was your fault because you didnt take of the car like you should :D

• This is good, thought you had to hook up a computer to do this. I knew BMW's had a special tool just for resetting service lights. At least Mercedes made it where it does not have to go in the shop or where you have to buy a special module to do this.

• Disconnect your positive battery cable and let your car set over night with it disconnected. Sometimes this will reset the light. It has worked for me on a couple of occasions on different vehicles.

It won't cost you anything to try this.....good luck.

• Richard Reynolds and Tyrone Williams asked the same question. You should see their answers side by side.

• take it to a mechanic