Holiday to Australia costs from England?

How much would a holiday to Australia be, roughly obviously, for 2 under 18s and 2 adults. It would be a present for getting a scholarship and I would like to know the rough amounts. We would be going for 4 weeks and going everywhere. I mean we will go to Brisbane then the great barrier reef then up to the rain forests. Then we'd fly to central australia and go around the bush kayaking then we'd fly over to Sydney and tour round there. Then we'd go to Perth and Shark bay flying back to London Heathrow afterwards. Flights and hotels 4stars plus, how much would that cost?

Update:

I know it will cost a lot but we have enough money I just need an idea.

Comments

• If you can manage to go kayaking in what WE call "the bush" I'll pay for the whole trip.

I think Tentofeild has underestimated the ballpark cost but is close.

• How do you expect to do all that in four weeks? Do you have any idea how big Australia is? Flights to Australia vary in price enormously depending on the airline, the class, the time of year and even the time of day. You would need to check those yourself. In Australia, flights also vary in price and you have budget airlines as well as Qantas. Again some time spent on the airline websites would be required. Roughly, it will cost you about a thousand dollars each for Brisbane - Cairns - Alice Springs - Sydney - Perth - Carnarvon -Perth, perhaps more, probably not less. That's $4000

Accommodation at the level you specify, let's say for two double rooms, would be about $300 a night, again perhaps more, perhaps less. for 28 nights, that's $8400.

In Cairns, a barrier reef trip will not cost less than $100 each and most probably more. A trip on the train and the skyway to the Atherton Tableland is another $100 each and hiring a car to get to the Daintree river and up to Cape Tribulation with a trip on the river, another $250. That's $1050 for three days in Cairns and you will probably want to spend longer. If you want to go white water rafting or bungee jumping, add that to the cost and time.

Alice Springs/Uluru for a basic package seeing the sights round Alice, a flight to Uluru and back and tours of Uluru and Kata Tjuta will set you back close to another $1000 each. That's $4000. There is nowhere to kayak in the centre of Australia, it is desert and there are no lakes or flowing rivers. If you want to go kayaking you will need to go somewhere with lakes etc where you can do it. Somewhere on the Murray would be OK or stop in Adelaide and you have the Murray and the lakes and the Coorong near the Murray mouth.

Sydney will cost a bit but there is lots of free stuff to see in Sydney. You will probably want to climb the Bridge and go to the Blue Mountains which will cost you say another $1000 for the four of you. Add on the cost of anything else you want to do like kayaking on the Olympic white water course.

You've probably used up most of your four weeks by now and spent close to $20000 but you haven;t eaten anything and we haven't included the fare to Australia and haven't gone to Perth and Shark Bay.

Add on food for four weeks. If you are watching your budget, you should be OK at $50 a day each, that's $200 a day or $5600 for the four weeks. If you eat well and expensively, make that $100 a day each, that's $11,200 Add on incidentals, taxis, buses, trains, drinks, souvenirs etc and I would suggest that a budget of around $40,000 would cover your trip at the standard you require. I still don't think you will do everything you want to do in four weeks.

• Tentofield has it about right, but maybe a bit conservative. I would suggest AU$50,000, or £35,000 as a reasonable starting point. You do realise that going from Perth to Shark Bay would be the equivalent of Lands end to John o' Groats? And as the others have said, except in a few small water holes in the Macdonnel Ranges near Alice Springs, there is nowhere to kayak, and I would also suggest it would not even be allowed there, as they are in a pristine national park.

• "Then we'd fly to central australia and go around the bush kayaking".

That I would love to see!

Better check out what's in Central Australia or better still go find a local travel agent with experience of Australia.

• Olivia, you do not sate what month of the year, as you have high and low seasons. but I would budget on a round trip ticket to Sydney alone, I would base it on $1,800.00 round trip, per person, then base your internal flights base it on average of approximately $350 per person, unless you go through the Qantas travel web site, and they have discount packages with discounted Aussie Passes. Hotels allow $175 per night twin share. Add to that transfers, food some fees, depending what areas you may venture into.

All up your talking big bucks.

@Niel, I saw that, and thought I would shut up on that. Thought it was humorous actually. It seems like Olivia is a novice at all of this, and didn't feel it was my place to be sarcastic. I was in her shoes also.

• It would be extremely expensive, maybe over $5000. You'd be better off going around SE Asia, and it would be a far greater cultural experience.

EDIT

What's with all the TD's? It just goes to show how brainwashed Australians are.

• Approx $15K p.p. for the trip you describe, minimum.