PT Cruiser A/C Problem?

I was parked one day with the A/C blowing cold air when it suddenly blew out a white-ish cloud of smoke in the front. After that happened the A/C would not blow out cold air.

I've taken it to a local shop to have it recharged and to have the hoses checked, but there were no leaks found. After having it recharged the A/C worked great for about 2 weeks and now it's having Almost the same problem.

Now cold air only comes out when the RPMS reach 4000 or more. If they drop below 4000 then the cold air slowly starts to reach a warmer temp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• your A/C has a leak some where. you are now low on freon again. take it back to shop or find another shop that has more A/C experience. this could be the front shaft seal in the compressor leaking which can be hard to check without a good leak tester.

• make sure that the clutch on the AC compressor is engaging correctly, the clutch should be on the front side of the pully it should randomly kick on and off at an idle.

• if it has something to do with your RPMS. than it prolly has something to do with the compressor thats driven off the engine. my other thought is that there is a sending unit that engages the compressor so it turns and lets the a/c system do its job.

Good Luck!