How do you use a siphon vacuum?

I bought aqueon siphon vacuum for my 10 gallon tank. I submerged the intake tube and jerked it several times. I also tried different methods that I found on YouTube. Nothing works. I don't understand how to get this thing to work and clean my aquarium.

Comments

• Basically, you put the big end in the tank water and face the little end into a bucket. Suck the small end until you see water coming through the tube then QUICKLY face the small end into the bucket otherwise the fish crap will fall into your mouth and you will drink it :P

Then take out as much water as you want/need and refill the tank with new, clean water (with dechlorinator).

• There's more than one way to start a siphon

the only ones that start by jerking it up and down have a small flapper valve in the base of the large tube, but can be a pain

there's other ways, review youtube till you find a method that you can master

maybe you need a smaller siphon, ask a store employee to demonstrate

and I assure you it's easy, really, you'll get it.

Note:as stated by another poster, aqueon equipment is crap, it can still work though, siphons are simple concepts

• These vacuums are complete bull crap I spent 20 euro's on a tetra vacuum that does not work get a vacuum that works diffrent.