mazda5 or kia rondo?

which is better in

reliability,safety,comfort etc. and also which would you get and why?

Comments

• I'd personally go with the Mazda5. I am not a real fan of Kia motors and I think that the Mazda is a good car. Its faster, and better built. Prices are something to consider but for reliability, safety, and comfort the kia is something to look at but for performance, safety, and comfort the mazda wins hands down.

• Kia Rondo

the Mazda's 4 cyl engine is underpowered when the vehicle is fully loaded. the vehicle is rated as able to carry 6 ppl but those 2 in the back better be small.

the Rondo is based on the Kia Optima and is the best deal on wheels at the moment.

even with every available option your still under the base price of many similar vehicles.

it doesn't have the resale value of a Honda or Toyota but that will get better as time goes on. Hyundai it's owner is more accepted today than 5 years ago.

The Rondo has been sold successfully in Europe for years under the name Carens.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/default.aspx?mak...

I shared driving duties with a friend's Rondo on a road trip to Fla and loved it. We made the same trip in a new Toyota Yaris and it was a nightmare.

anyone thinking of getting a Yaris should rethink that one and look at the Honda Fit.

a few owner reviews:

2008 Kia Rondo EX

By: CairnTerrier

Pros:

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever had. Great on long trips. Great vehicle for dog show people back doors open up nice an wide, easy to load/unload dog crates.

Cons:

Could get better gas mileage. Rate at 30 highway only gets 26-28.

Overall Review:

Best dog show Car for the money and gas mileage and most comfortable vehicle. If you don't need a Van but need something more then just a Car this is the Vehicle for you.

2008 Kia Rondo EX V6

By: Pam from Florida

Pros:

Nice wide back opening. Third row seats are awesome. Comfort and safety was a must.

Cons:

Actually nothing. Might would have gotten a 4 cylinder if I had known how gas prices were rising.

Overall Review:

Excellent, comfortable vehicle. Would recommend for anyone.

• I own a Kia and am quite satisfied with it. Good mileage, comfortable ride and a lot less price.

• I have had KIAs since 1997 and always been satisfied with

them - never a problem.

• The Mazda-5 for all the above and more.