Does common sense exist?

A wise friend of mine once said to me,

"Often times we expect people to know things, or act a certain way, because we know that that's how it should be done. Then we say, 'Common sense dictates that that person should have done blank.' What we do when we say that is negate the existence of common sense.

Do you agree? Why or why not?

Comments

• If sense were common, there would be no stupidity. Oh, if only stupidity were painful, the world would be a much more bearable place in which to live.

• The reality is most people expect others to "get it" when doing something with them, especially if it is someone they know. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way. Common sense often comes from us doing a task before, or read about it, or apply logic to the issue or task at hand.

We all think differently.

• "God" is a subjective thought to somebody. One guy or woman could have self belief one situation, yet another could have self belief an completely different situation. however there are prepared religions, very few human beings have self belief in the right comparable situation, by and by. technology relies upon upon real evidence that proves what's, or isn't. It concerns no longer what somebody believes, gravity will continuously take place, grass will improve, and the sunlight will shine. because of the fact the thought of God or faith can't be calculated, measured, examined, or shown exterior the recommendations of somebody, it can't be called medical. it incredibly is the comparable for ALL religions that have self belief in the supernatural or miracles and such. i do no longer could bypass into specifics, yet examine the bible. take into attention each and every of the acts God has accomplished, and sweetness, could you worship this being? examine into different religions and do the comparable. human beings come to realize how awful a number of those gods are, so why provide them any of it sluggish once you could stay your life, your way? EDIT: yachadhoo - how do you be attentive to God made the hut? Why have been you located on a abandoned island? you could think of a author all you desire... yet you would be lifeless from starvation and dehydration. what style of author would place you there?

• Back in 1980 I told a director of a college I needed a course in why 80% of America dosen't have Common Sense all the teachers agreeded we all need to take that course.

• The problem with that conception of 'common sense' is that it's dependent on the person's experience. If another person doesn't have the same experience then they wouldn't and couldn't possibly know to do what the first person thinks they should.

• Yes, it does. Trouble is, it's entirely subjective...and what's "common sense" to one person isn't to another.

That, of course, happens if "common" is used to mean "regular, plain, unsophisticated." If you use it to mean "accepted by all," or "the same for everyone," then no -- common sense doesn't exist. :)

Peace.

• Common sense is an uncommon commodity.

• No, because common sense is different to everyone.

• Common sense is not so common.

• People can make an answer but there is no a reason. (This is your so-called free will.)

God can make a reason but there is no an answer. (This is your so-called destiny & chance.)

Sometimes I say, newton's apple is more clever than newton.

Hope it helps. I am devil.