Mass Effect 2 - facial scars?

Can I be an asshole towards Dr. Chakwas and still get the upgrade to remove my character's scars?

Update:

@Megatron A valid point, but I find it doesn't work that way for my female shepard.

Comments

• Your mistake is in thinking that the facial scar upgrade comes from Chakwas. It's from Mordin. Get his research upgrade, then after you purchase it with resources, go to the medlab where Chakwas is and use the device.

Be an *** to Chakwas OR Mordin. You get the upgrade either way.

• Facial scars can be removed in the med lab by checking a message received directly after recruiting Mordin.

Go to the med lab and research the Med-Bay Upgrade (under the ship upgrade section) for 50,000 platinum. Then go to the back of the med bay (Chakwas' office) and use the machine.

The upgrade has nothing to do with interacting with either Mordin or Chakwas. Once Mordin is recruited, the message will be sent.

• Yeah I think so. After a certain point in the game, in the medical bay, you can buy the surgery to remove all facial scarring of Shephard's face even if you have high Renegade points.

• Yeah, it doesn't matter how poorly you treat her. It's just an upgrade later on in the game. You have to spend a dump-load of minerals on it.

Of course, that's worth it for femshep.

• Personally i think you should keep them because it makes Shepard look like a badass