federal job or police academy?

Do I work harder towards the federal job(now in credit check stage)as a TSO, or go to the police academy(local community college)( which is paid for by loans, grants....)Then still have to look for a job. Which will provide the best opportunity for long term? The Dept of homeland security has the law enforcement training center, should i skip the academy for job now and transfer later to law enforcement inside dept of homeland security. how hard is it to transfer from dept to dept, assuming i am a good employee. Would it be worth it to get the academy out of the way or would it be a waste of time. Federal law enforcement is goal.

Update:

Transportation, not transformation.

Comments

• If your goal is federal law enforcement, then apply for it now. Try the TSA, Border Patrol or Bureau of Prisons. They are usually easier to get into than FBI or DHS. But don't rule the tougher ones out. Apply for odd ones like the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Association's "fish police." You can take a few classes at community college while you are waiting, as your backup plan, but if you get offered a federal law enforcement job, it will be easier to switch agencies than to get into one in the first place. Most will encourage you to continue your studies too.

• I might move with the Military for the reason that you are going to acquire the excellent coaching on the earth BUT you must serve at specified quantity of years. If you'll be able to I might get a ROTC scholarship and emerge as an Officer. All branches have well ROTC techniques. I have peers who're presently in ROTC and so they fairly revel in it! But additionally they say its by means of a long way the hardest matters they ever persevered each mentally and bodily. I wanna be within the FBI and I'm additionally majoring in Criminal Justice however I used to be disqualified from Military provider for the reason that of my peanut hypersensitive reaction so I must discover an additional regulation enforment task. You could appear into the DEA, Border Patrol or the NSA additionally. I in my opinion do not like police officers and feature little appreciate for them. All they're well for I believe are implementing visitors legislation. Also I dont believe their coaching is as well because the navy. I understand they preserve us and all however they may be able to be ***** one of the crucial time lol! The excellent of good fortune to you!!!

• Depends on the job and the requirements of the position that you are applying for..