How to prevent car sickness?

I have a field trip tomorrow and it's a long ride. I always get car sick (it happened on other field trips). I get a migraine and then I end up throwing up. It is an awful feeling and I'm getting nervous because it might happen again. I try looking out the window and eating snacks so I won't get acid reflux, but it's never worked. I really want to go but I'm terrified that I'll get sick and ruin my trip.

*****Sorry for posting in the wrong category, nobody was answering my question and I need help!

Update:

@ Anonymous: I only get motion sickness on long rides. The ride is about 4 hours

Comments

• I have the same problem! I tend to take motion sickness medication before hand-- they work wonders! And they're quite affordable, you can get them at CVS.

I also like to drink ginger ale. It helps with my stomach ache-- motion sickness or otherwise.

If you have acid reflux, I also recommend taking TUMS

Good luck and have fun on your field trip! :)

• If you get nervous easily, ask your doctor about Zanex.

If you have a problem with car-sickness, just bring a book, or install a game app on your phone.

And in the worst case scenario, bring an empty gallon size plastic bag.

And get a paper bag for yourself right now, for your own sake!

• I never had car sickness nor have I known anybody with it

So I've only heard of it

But I'll try to help......sooo.....ummm...... mabye try sleeping on the bus??? You won't throw up if your asleep, so go to bed late today so you'll be tired on the trip

But that's probably a bad idea because you might still be sleepy for the whole field trip

Btw: how do you get to and from school if you have car sickness??? How do you get anywhere!?!?!?!

• Here is a fast cure for Migraines and Headaches, and I have seen it tested more than a half dozen times.

Let a friend read it and try it on u. Just send the link to him and tell him to read it and call u. U need it done to u, rather than knowing how it is done...

Www.Farahidi.net

Good Luck

• take Dramamine for it, that's what i do and seems to work well...looking out the window doesn't help motion sickness..if anything it makes it worse, as does reading

• If you can ride in the front seat, try that.

• Alcohol always helps.