Do carabahydrates get turned into sugar?

I am trying to eat healthy but literally everything I find in most food has a lot of carabyhdrates in it. For example I had a ceral bar today and aftet eating it I found it only had 15 grams of sugar in it but it had 46 grams of carabyhdrates in it and now I really regreat eating it. Why are there so many carabyhdrates in most food and does all of this carabyhdrate really turn into sugar? Is it as if the ceral bar gave me 46 grams of sugar insteaf?

Comments

• 'Carbohydrate' describes sugars and starches. Both of these substances are turned into sugars during digestion, and absorbed into your bloodstream as sugars.

There are so many carbohydrates in foods because it is an important source of energy. Your brain is entirely powered by sugars, which is why people get irritable, confused and unco-ordinated when they are hungry (that's when your blood-sugar level is low; you eat to put more sugar in there).

Some muscle-fibres use fat as fuel; those are the ones that produce gentle movements that you don't notice you are doing. To make powerful movements, you need to use muscle-fibres that burn sugar as their fuel.

Sugar is NOT turned into fat inside your body, so you don't risk getting fatter if you aren't active enough to immediately burn all the sugars you ate. And eating carbohydrates makes you feel more energetic anyway, so you are more likely to be active.

So sugar is a very important nutrient, and an essential part of any healthy diet . . .

• Sugar and carbohydrates are the same thing; saccharides.

Read the labels; if most of the carbs are made of sugar (i.e. you read carbs 24g and directly underneath it says Sugar 20g) don't eat too much of it.

There's nothing inherently wrong with carbohydrates or sugars, as they're needed for energy, but excessive amounts can be detrimental.

As for your cereal bar, don't worry, but don't eat them frequently because 46g of carbs is pretty high for a little bar.

Eat more veggies and fruits! And meat! Peace out my friend.

• THere are 2 types of carbohydrates, and I don't mean simple and complex... I mean when you read the label you are going to see the fiber and sugar will equal the total carbs. A good rule of thumb is to only worry about net carbs. Whatever the total carbs are minus the fiber (and any sugar alcohols if it has that). Fiber is good carbs, your body needs these to aide in digestion, all other carbs will be turned into sugar in your body, cause an insulin spike, make your body burn as much as it can for energy immediately and then convert the rest into fat.

• Some carbohydrates changer into sugers but .It depends at you. You have to digest all the carbohydrates and other things. If your digestive system is good . Nothing eatable thing will effect harm to you .to improve your digestivity .you should exercise daily. Take healthy food. Mostly prefer homemade foods. Best of luck.

• The carbs in processed foods are bad for you. The good ones are in foods like potatoes, rice, bread, and some veggies. These carbs are complex carbs.

• Carbohydrates are complex sugars. They are difficult to breakdown on like simple sugar e.g. glucose. They are very harmful to the body.

• most of them. if u dont eat protein sources with them

an if they are simple carbs an too processed then yes..