i have a big fafsa problem?

my mother is dead. she died years ago. my father just recently got married. fafsa always ask for info like this "what is your mother's/stepmother's SSN" stuff like that. wtf do i put?!?! my mom is dead so i've just been leaving them blank. but i reached a point where the online fafsa won't let me continue without putting info in that category. this time it's tax info concerning salary and wages. btw this may help: my dad is married, but i know this man, i think he may have filled taxes sepratley from his wife. fafsa asked me a question earlier concerning that and i skipped it, my attitude then being" what does it matter", i mean they gave me the option to skipp it and at the time i did mainly cause it looked like more work for me. im doing this while talking over the phone to my dad to get info.

Comments

• You have a stepmother.

The FAFSA asks for your stepmother's information.

So put your stepmother's information. It doesn't matter if they filed separately or not.

• Since your dad remarried legally you have to include your stepmothers financial information on the FAFSA because they need to know the household income and assets in order to determine your financial need and what federal aid you qualify for. http://www.finaid.org/educators/pj/stepparents.pht...

It has nothing to do if they file separate or not. And if you lie on the FAFSA you are committing fraud.

• Since your dad is remarried you must put your stepmother's information.

It's ok that they filed taxes separately. You still must put each of their information.