Email disclaimer statement?

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can add to my email disclaimer statement? I am a website administrator (for: ourjig.com and facebook.com/ourjig) and have other hobbies as well as being a student. I already have a pretty good disclaimer statement which I have developed over a few months, but I would like to know official anyone has any ideas on what I could add.

Comments

• Nothing you write in an "email disclaimer" has any legal significance for anyone with whom you do not already have a confidential relationship.

You might throw out stuff like, "I take no responsibility for maintenance or content of any site linked from this site, which are out of my control", but that generally goes without saying.

You can say things like, "If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal."

Then you accidentally send me a copy, meaning I'm not the intended recipient, and I laugh at your mistake while forwarding it to the newspapers or anyone else, completely free of any legal restrictions.

In fact, if you accidentally sent me something intended for a client in opposition to one of MY clients, I would have an affirmative ethical DUTY to use your mistake to the best advantage of my client, not yours.

• Email Disclaimer Statement

• Copyright xyz 2012

xyz website administrator

Registered Office: 124 anyplace, anytown, this state. US of A. 55555

Registered in x state under EIN #####

Disclaimer

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ([email protected]) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

• This is my business email disclaimer.

This e-mail and any attachments from XXXX LLC, or one of its affiliated companies and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

• Check out our White Paper on Email Disclaimers if you would like. It has all the information about what email disclaimer are and whether you need them or not.

http://www.crossware.co.nz/websites/crossware/int2...

Enjoy!

• How could anyone possibly suggest things to add if we do not know what you say NOW, nor what it is that you are trying to achieve?

• Starving's is as good as any which means that it has the same lack of any legal standing whatsoever.