Poll.Do you think Facebook is a popularity contest?

I say this cause it seems like people would always add unkown people just to look cool.Also they would post some kind of random status so they can get likes,also post half naked or shirtless pictures of themeselves so people can like them.I also tryed doing some of these stuff,but I saw how pointless it was and that it wouldn't take me anywhere in life.So do you think it's a popularity contest and also annoying?Thanks

Comments

• For middle schoolers, yes

• Ha! I even have many situations concept-approximately asking this question! it style of feels that some all and sundry is only "gathering" acquaintances on facebook. i these days had an previous severe college pal upload me so I extra him lower back. After wards I typed a message to him to verify how he became into via fact it have been a jointly as, he never even wrote me lower back and it is been weeks. because then i can verify in my information feed each and all the different acquaintances he provides each and on a daily basis - he's only gathering acquaintances for no stable reason! the generic public of my acquaintances are truthfully actual acquaintances, kinfolk, and artwork colleagues. There are some previous acquaintances that i've got started talking to by facebook yet no longer many.

• Definitely.

• Whomever uses it as one. Life is a popularity contest if someone wants it to be.

• I really liked Facebook as a child. But now I hate it because I liked a guy, now he's committed and he keeps posting his pics with his girl, and I burn with jealousy, so I have deactivated. ✿

• For some people it is. Not for me, all my friends are my friends or my family.