how many days do you ovalte??

i was told you only ovualte for a couple days then i read you ovualte for 4 or 5 days??? which is right and when do you know if you are ovualting???

Comments

• Okay, people need to do some research before running their mouths! Every woman is different, not everyone ovulates a certain number of days from their last period, especially if their periods are irregular. The most common ovulate time is 14 days BEFORE you next cycle is set to start, so if you have a longer cycle of 35 days, you don't usually ovulate until the 21st day of your cycle (35-14). You only ovulate for one day, but you're fertile for about 4 days before that. That's probably why you're confused.

• You only ovulate once, not for a span of days. If you have sex for the couple days before, during and after you're expecting to ovulate (which you could count to equal 5), you'll increase your chance of getting pregnant. If we ovulated for days we'd have litters instead of just a baby at a time. Whew.

BTW, "A W" has the right info on the timing situation.

• You ovulate about 14 days from the first day of your last period. The egg remains fertile for up to 24 hours only. It's best chances for a baby are to have the sperm there to meet the egg in the first 12 hours. Sperm can live inside the woman from 3 to 5 days, so you could have sex on day 12 of your cycle, the sperm could be hanging out waiting for your egg, which pops out on day 14. That's why it's good to have sex from days 10 to about day 16 to be absolutely sure you're doing all you can to catch that egg!

• You are fertile for a few days leading up to ovulation. You ovulate one day out of the month

Go to http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/ and put in your period info and it will calculate and tell you when you are fertile and ovulating. You will see what i mean. The site is free to join. Good luck.

• I know the biggest sign that you are ovulating can be by checking your cervical mucus... When it is egg white consistancy and stretchy, that is around the time of ovulation. Other times of the month your cervical mucus will be tacky or milky.

• you ovulate on the 12th day after your period goes off, an you will stop ovulating on the 14th day. So try not to have sex on day 12 thru day 14th. if u dont want to be a prego

• As a man, I do not ovulate at all. I hope this helps!

• 14 days before and 14 days after your peirod