Blue Nose Pitbull Labrador Mix?

I have a two year old Pitbull mix, I want to find a good way to train him. He's a little aggressive on the leash, and will pull or try to drag whoever is walking him. When he was younger, he was okay, but now he wants to run everywhere. He's full of energy, and its hard to train him because of this. He won't sit down and he learn.. does anyone have any tips? Its hard for me to take him to dog training classes because he's pretty aggressive with other dogs after he was attacked by another dog. I just, don't know what to do and I have to train him or my parents will make me get rid of him.

Comments

• I am sorry but question after question on this site is about a problem dog owned by a young person. I don't know how old you are but you still live with your parents obviously.

Just what are all these parents thinking of to allow this to happen. A dog is not a suitable pet for a young person to raise on their own. This is a fact, and my son was 15 when he got his first rottweiler but I was right behind him taking him to classes and helping train the dog.

No parent should allow their kids, however old, to get a dog unless they are prepared to help raise and train the dog or pay for classes and later on, take on the dog if need be if the person goes to uni etc.

See FAR too much of this on here.

Far from your parents making you get rid of him they should be helping you to raise him.

Look up the Kiko pup videos on youtube and try harder and in the meantime NEVER allow him to get to another dog. It isn't fair on another dog or owner.

• You can get individual obedience classes. Also there are special harnesses and collars for dogs with pulling issues. One thing that is key is that you need to lead the dog, not have the dog lead (pull) you. He thinks he's in charge, he needs to learn you are in charge. Be consistent and reinforce good behavior, ex treats or a favorite toy used only for reward purposes. There are many training methods available, read up on some and find one that works for you and your pup. Stick with it and work with him every day, start with short but several times a day training sessions since it seems like he doesn't listen for very long, and work toward longer ones. Don't give him what he wants when he's behaving badly either; for example when I come home my dog used to run and jump on me because he was happy to see me and wanted attention, instead of giving him attention when he jumps on me, I direct him to sit, once he is sitting I pat him and praise him. Now he has learned that when I come home he gets attention when he's calm and sitting and not when he's crazy and jumping. Consistency is key and make sure all your family members are using the same commands and not allowing him to get away with things you are trying to correct (ex one person lets him jump, one doesn't) If everyone isn't on the same page it won't work. And like I said you can get individual obedience lessons or a trainer can come to your house, that is nice because all of the family can be there and issues around the home can be addressed.

• If you can't afford to hire and work with a trainer on this dog, you can't afford to own him.