Ideal gas problem - Chemistry problem?

R = 8.314510 L kPa / mol K

How many times more pressure is required to compress a 1.0 L sample of a gas measured at -20 degrees C to a final volume ot 0.50 L measured at 40.0 degrees C?

Comments

• you are looking for a ratio of new P to old P

P1 / Po = (nRT/V)_1 / (nRT/V)_o

n and R do not change so they cancel

T1 = 313 K and To = 253 K

P1/Po = (313/0.50) / (253/1.0) = 2.47/1 or about 2 1/2 times

• while you're bearing on for your self, and whether you're actually not, of path. despite is plausible. i've got an enormously complicated time determining math and Chemistry. To the ingredient that throughout many cases i actually evaluate it truly is improbable for me to have an expertise of. in the progression you technique it with an open suggestions and to locate the main appropriate individual to grant a proof for it nevertheless, it enables particularly plenty. one in all my problems with math... Algebra certainly.... i've got had 3 fabulous academics clarify something to me, an identical project, slope and stuff. I did not comprehend it in any respect. A 4th coach got here visiting nevertheless, and he or she was once effective to grant a proof for it eye-catching nicely and that i comprehend particularly recognize it, and whilst/if a lesson starts coping with it as quickly as extra, with slightly help I evaluate I would be effective to do it. in basic terms considering that all people has a low IQ or would not understand some thing would not advise they are not in a position to do specific concerns. The suggestions is a muscle, and which you will in any respect cases activity it to make better it. A low IQ attitude a adverse ability set and determining (I have not got any thought precisely what IQ checks degree...) each thing on the checks is often found nevertheless. you're actually not born expertise the wisest project to do specifically cases, you in uncomplicated terms learn that. some persons shelter their minds closed and don't income information of information and sensual abilities. somebody could be now not born understanding Algebra. it truly is despite attempt to learn. Even those with getting to grasp disabilities are effective to learn via time and attempt. it truly is all a concern of ways plenty attempt you're keen to cutting-edge :) circulate to the Khan Academy internet internet site. Khan is spectacular :)

• P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2

P1 = 1

V1 = 1.0 L

T1 = 253.15 K

P1V1/T1 = 0.003950

P2 = ?

V2 = 0.50 L

T2 = 313.15 K

P2V2/T2 = P2 x 0.001597

0.003950 = P2 x 0.001597

P2 = 2.47

P2 = 2.47 x P1