A dog from a dog park bit my dog?

So yesterday around 7pm, my brother and I went to the dog park. While we were there, there was a dog following my dog. The dogs came sniffing my dog and 10 minutes later a dog bit another dog. So my brother tried to get my dog but my dog ran to the dog that bit the dog. While my dog was sniffing the dog, the dog bit my dog. We went to the car and my dog was bit from the side of his lower lip. he wasn't bleeding too much BUT his tongue was dripping wet. we talked to the owner and said his dog has not bit any dog. The reason why he bit my dog was because my dog was afraid. We were afraid the dog had rabies or an infection or whatever. The next day my dog was fine. But very active. But that's how he always is. He wasn't bleeding or whatever and he looked fine. He was biting my hand (he always did this ever since he was a baby, but he doesn't bite too hard).I was biting my lip and I was then biting my finger (it's a habit) there is also a cut on my lip but my dog didn't bite me. It was there a long time ago. But I'm afraid my lip will get infected because of my dogs saliva :/. Will my lip get infected? Will I get rabies from that dog that bit me? I'm scared and hopeless and clueless :((

Comments

• It would help very much if you would state what country you are in. In the US e.g. rabies in pets is very rare.

Your dog cannot transfer rabies to you or anybody until he has active rabies, which means the virus has traveled to his brain and is affecting his behavior. In addition your dog should be vaccinated against rabies and other common dog diseases otherwise it would be stupid to take your dog to the dog park or anywhere where there are a lot of dogs.

When you were talking to the dog's owner it would have been a good time to enquire about the vaccination status of that dog. But depending what country you live in, it could be extremely unlikely that the dog has rabies, that is for you to figure out. There are plenty of dogs who are dog aggressive.

Train your dog not to mouth your hand, it is a bad habit which should not be encouraged. If your dog is not up to date with his vaccinations get that done ASAP.

• The best thing to do is take your dog to the vet to make sure he doesn't have rabies, especially if the dog that bit your dog drew blood.

• Your fault for going to a dog park, you entered at your own risk so either stay away from dog parks and/or deal with the consequences.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/GLLNTKNIGHT...