Do pregnancy tests expire?

Ive been having a pregnancy test in my drawer for the longest and ive been wonder if im pregs, but i dont want use if its not going to be accurate...,

so, do pregnancy tests expire?

Comments

• It should be wrapped an the wrapper should have an expiration date on it because yes, they do expire.

• An expiration date is on there for a reason, simply don't use expired test, they usually give you false hope. If there is a possibility that you are pregnant than go to the dollar store and buy one of those they are generally just as accurate. I would definately go by a test that is NOT expired though. Good luck.

• There should be a date on the packaging.

I had a ClearBlue test for a long time also, but the expiration date on the wrapper was a few years later.

Check to see if there's a date anywhere on the package.

If not, I think it would be best to get a new one just so there's no confusion.

• Yes, they definately do. If it is for "fun", go ahead and use them up - otherwise, put the old ones in the trash and buy new.

We had a pack of ept brand that came with an electronic doo-dad for a reader, and a while after the date expired, it wouldn't work.

I'd buy new.

I hope the test says what you want it to say!

• yeah pregnancy tests expire, about 1-2 years after they are made

• Yes they do if you have a look on the box or the packet the test is in it will have an expiry date on.

• yes...it should be on the side of the box, if not contact the maker of the test and ask them about the code on the box

• Yes, the date should be on the package. If it's out of the package, then it's no good at all.

• I would of thought so.

But if you're doing something as big as a test - treat yourself to a new one anyway.

Good luck, x