Serious teacher problem!?

Last Friday my sixth grade daughter asked to use the bathroom while her teacher was in the middle of a lesson. Her teacher said no. My daughter asked about 15 minutes later (still in the lesson) and she still said no. My daughter said she couldn't hold it and had an accident in her pants about 5 minutes later. She told her teacher, and sent her to the nurse where I was notified. All this over letting my daughter go pee!! I don't know what to do!?

Comments

• That teacher would hear a piece of my mind.

• Well some teachers are like that they don't want the student to leave and repeat teaching later and stuff like that. What you could do is talk or give a note to the teacher saying that when You daughter needs to pee for her to be excused right away, it's what my friend had to do. Hope this helps. =)

• Im sorry had to go through that embarassment. I think you should go talk to the principal of the school, and arrange a meeting with this teacher. When it comes to using the restroom, kids have to go when they have to go. Holding it in is not healthy for the child. This angers me.. cuz what was the teacher thinking? Teachers know how rude and brutally honest kids are...and i hope ur child doesnt have to get teased for this, and if she does, its the teachers fault. That teacher owes your daughter an apology....im serious.

• Yes, lots of teachers do this.

They dont want their lesson to be disturbed. Ridiculous.

Write a note to the school and call in ( just to be sure they get the message) and say, if your daughter needs, she goes.

• You daughter is old enough to tell the teacher that she REALLY has to go.. instead of meekly asking. Meekly asking doesn't tell the teacher you truly have to go. Relax. Talk to her about using her words more effectively. This doesn't seem like a serious issue to me. It sounds like another episode of Mama blaming others and not looking at the whole situation. A lesson is known to not interrupt. However it is the students responsibility to take some initiative and speak up. Teachers are not mind readers.

• You shoul have a sereous talk with this teacher and clearly explain what the problem is and how you think this could be prevented in the future.