Macbook Pro 13" or Sony Vaio C/EA Series?

Hi everyone :)

Sorry to add another PC/MAC question on here but choosing a laptop is proving much more difficult than I thought. So I want to purchase a new laptop soon but I'm stuck as to which one. I really like Macbook Pros (13") and the Sony Vaio C and EA series (14")

I'm a Biology/Biomedical Sciences major in my 2nd year so I'm looking for a laptop that will be my only computer and will do everything I need! I plan to carry it around campus most days.

I'd like a laptop that is relatively lightweight and portable, with good battery life (at least 4 hours) that will cope with the usual multitasking such as web browsing, emails and various Microsoft Office programs as well as some fairly large images in Painter/Photoshop and playing the occasional DVD, with at least 2GB of RAM and a big hard drive (the bigger the better). The operating system doesn't sway me either way as I currently run Vista and have never really used Windows 7 or snow leopard.

I don't play games on my laptop, at all.

Budget is flexible - as long as the laptop does what I need without fuss.

Both of these weight less than my current laptop although the MBP is lighter

But I really prefer the 14" screen on the Vaio.

overall, which machine would be best for what I need?

thanks!

Comments

• There is no comparison of Macbook Pro 13 with Sony.. Apple's Macbook Pro 13 is an excellent machine..

• The Macbook Pro, because its really fast, easy to operate, awesome design, and it runs Windows on it.