Why is my dogs paw red inside?

One of my dogs paw is really red inside, like color of blood. He licks it alot, like a raw color. What is this?

Comments

• Have you been taking him out for a walk in the snow? If you have then your dog may have stepped in some street salt and irritated his paw. If this is the case do not let him/her lick it, it will only intensify their discomfort.

• Your dogs would have stepped on some thing sharp that has lodged itself interior the pad or someplace in his paw. If this has got here approximately, it could fester and become extremely painful. i've got had this take place to canines with foxtails entering into their paws. no count if this is pink and swollen, you are able to guess that the vet is the terrific place to take your dogs so as that they are able to lance out in spite of is in his paw, in any different case he will stay in discomfort and an infection can set in. Get him to the vet and have him checked is my terrific advice!

• Could have gotten burned from salt on the road or sidewalks.

Could have scraped it somehow on concrete or pavement and got a sore.

Could have yeast/fungal infection.

Could have a foreign object lodged in foot.

Could have serious infection of the foot.

Could be any number of things.

This is why you take the dog into the vet.

• It could be a number things. I would suggest taking him to vet to see for sure.

• He might have frost bite. You should take him to the vet.