HK p2000sk v3 9mm!!! Gunbroker.com DEAL OR NO DEAL?

i have the chance to buy it used at around $575 w/shipping and ffl fees. The sights are factory which i hope to upgrade to night sights (mepros) and i was wondering if its a huge deal to remove factory sights and install a completely new set correctly. Can anyone tell me if im getting a good deal and how much it will cost to have a gun smith install the sights possibly at a gun show or through the mail with just the slide. Also feel free to coment on usp compact hi cap (13 rd lol) mags with the x grip and the laserlyte lasers available for the rail.

Comments

• It's a good price.

changing sights isn't a big deal if you know what your doing and have the tools. a decent sight pusher runs about $100 and because of the slide shape on the hk you need a pusher designed for the hk not just a universal, it can be done without but you'll damage the sights and scratch the slide if you don't know exactly what your doing. have a gunsmith do it, should cost you somewhere between $25-$50 for the install, you should be able to find one locally, the shop handling the transfer should be able to help you with the sights.

the USPc/p2000 mags function flawlessly, the xgrip is great if you find a way to semi-permanently attach them to the mag, otherwise they tend to slide and interfere with mag changes and make it difficult to get a good grip. get them to stay in place and they feel great. just make sure the factory 10rnd mags have the soft extended base plate on them, they can be a little hard to find but make for a much more comfortable grip.

outside of training lasers are only useful for a very limited application and can interfere with developing shooting skills that are useful in the real world. I don't the cost and extra weight is justified.

• Yeah it's a good deal as long as the gun doesn't have a high round count. When buying a used gun sight unseen you run the risk of getting a turd. The sellers response is always, "Well what did you think you were getting for that price?" when you find problems once you finally see it. The P2000 SK V3 is really small and unless you have held one and it fits your hand you might reconsider. The version 3 is also the model with the decocker button right next to the hammer which in my opinion a bizarre and unnatural location for it. I like the plain P2000 V2 much better. Sight swap is no big deal and some shops will give you a break when you buy the sights from them about $50 otherwise.

• $575 is an outstanding deal, get that thing ASAP! A decent set of Mepros will run you around $75-$100, and installing them will cost around $50 (maybe more depending on the smith). Do NOT try installing them yourself. HK's are notorious for being difficult to install, and if you screw it up you'll void your warranty.

Seriously though, the P2Ksk is an awesome gun and $575 is about what a Glock 26 costs, so that's a steal.

• Its not a huge deal to remove sights but you need the tools to do it. It would probably be cheaper having someone who already has the tools do it for you. I would see if there is someone locally who could it for you maybe a H&K dealer. The p2000 is a great gun. I have the USP in 40 SW and I love it.