Dallas Fans Do you think?

the Cowboys should have passed on Brady Quinn

Comments

• Yes, that was absolutely the right move. That move was a good one by both Dallas and Cleveland. Dallas didn't need a franchise QB. Although they don't have a lot of money tied up in Romo, there's still great potential there, and they expect big things from him. He may have muffed up that play in the playoffs, but he still played very well during the season.

In addition, the Cowboys don't have any huge weaknesses, and the positions they were looking at had a lot of depth in the draft, so they didn't need the pick at the time. You may ask why they needed to trade up for Spencer later on and not just pick him then. They had a feeling he wouldn't be taken in the next few picks...then they traded up later for Spencer because he was the last top DE they were coveting and they suspected someone else may snatch him up before their next pick.

Not only that, but they got Cleveland's #1 pick next year. The Cowboys are probably banking on Cleveland finishing towards the bottom of the league again, which is highly likely because even if they play Quinn right away, first years are always a bit rough. With no pressing needs this year for the Cowboys, getting an extra 1st round pick next year regardless of the spot is still a smart acquisition.

Overall I think the Cowboys had an excellent draft day. I'm not surprised though because they've always been one of the smarter draft-day teams. They really know how to analyze and make the appropriate moves at the appropriate times.

• I love what the Boys did on draft day this year. Tony Romo actually played pretty well last year. He completed 65.3% of his passes for 8.3 yards per attempt (compare to 65% and 7.9 ypa for Peyton Manning) so you know that he has the skills to play. Brady Quinn is unproven and could turn out to be a bust. And I think the Browns will be one of the 3 worst teams in the league. There D is horrible, O-line is mediocre, and Jamal Lewis is soft now. Dallas should have their choice of players next year.

Add to the great moves on draft day that we got the next Shawn Merriman and you have to be very pleased. Anthony Spencer was rated by many as the second best pure pass rusher in the draft. Under the tutelage of Wade Philips (see what he did for Merriman and Shaun Philips) this kid could be special. DeMarcus Ware will demand double teams, Greg Ellis is back from injury, and we filled the gap at safety with ex-Seahawk Ken Hamlin. This defense will be scary. Look for Dallas to win the weak NFC this year. GO BOYS!!

• Yes. Quinn may turn out to be a good NFL QB but the Cowboys already have one. They have the Browns first round pick next year that could be the #1 pick over-all so yes they did the right thing.

• Definitly Yes, Dallas already has an experienced young QB in Tony Romo, they just brought in a couple more to solidify the position, and the boys get Cleveland's most likely low first round draft pick next year. Its a win-win situation.

• yes i do, i dont think Quinn is that good anyways.. Cowboys have their QB of the future and they need to build around him and not start over with a shaky QB who cant win a big game

• I would like to take this time to inform cowboys fans on how much I enjoyed watching Tony Romo sit on the ground and cry when he dropped the feild goal hold to lose the playoff game. Tony Romo is terrible and I'm just excited to say the Sean Peyton exposed just how bad he is. He is the most overrated player in the league.

• Yes b/c brady quinn can turn out to be loser like david carr.

• yes, we show confidence in romo by doing so and we also get the browns 1st rounder next year,which could definitley be a top 5 pick

• yes good choice quinn is overated anyway

• Cowboys didn't need to draft a quarterback.....they needed to draft a holder!!!!!