Is rocco a chavvy name?

Hi, I am about to become a mother for the first time and will be raising my son alone unfortunately.

I would like a name that puts him in good stead, and I like rocco but have told by some they think it is chavvy or too celeb like....my other choice is zachariah which I guess will be zack for short but that seems to plain. Baby will have my name which is double barrel and goes with both..

I come from a reasonably well off/educated family, and as a single black mum I don't want my son disadvantaged so would like a mainstream but yet unusual name.

Rocco or Zachariah? And is rocco deemed ghetto/low class? If neither any suggestions??

Thanks guys.

Comments

• If you're Italian (with an Italian last name), then Rocco is fine. If not then yes, it would come off as kind of chavvy, like you just liked it because it sounds like "rock." It's like the difference between naming your kid Axel or Gunnar to honor your Scandinavian heritage, or just because it sounds like a car part or someone who shoots a gun.

• I know a Rocco. He is the friendliest and well behaved little boy. His name suits him so well. I think it's a strong masculine name. I love it.