Homemade CO2 for aquarium?

I would like to know

what to use to make a co2 system for my 24g nanocube.

Where to place the intake hose and do I need a defuser

All of my plants are in the back left portion of my tank and along the left side of glass due to the fact there is a crayfish that lives on the other side of the tank

Comments

• there are uncomplicated procedures to verify CO2 is going into your aquarium. One is to have it located close on your filter out intake, which I do, and yet another is to have in the filter out itself. One 2-liter bottle is sufficient for my 20-gallon. additionally, have the water as on the ingredient of the filter out outflow as achieveable to shrink splash and CO2 loss. A medium filter out putting frequently works. As for measuring CO2, some human beings count type bubbles, the topics with it rather is that diffusers selection the scale of the bubbles. So, you have got 4 bubbles from a diffuser that are small that have much less CO2 than one great bubble from yet another one. I had a actually circulation of bubbles utilizing a disposable air diffuser, yet had optimal CO2 ranges. One stable way is to degree your pH. in case you have not have been given any pH-changing chemicals to decrease of improve it, the greater CO2 in the water the decrease the pH. below is an internet site with a calculator and chart for CO2 and corrsponding pH ranges. to apply it proper, i desire to propose a CO2 or carbon hardness attempt equipment accessible at maximum self sustaining fish shops or on line (i've got by no potential encountered them at chain shops). it would be $15-20, yet will final a protracted time. the linked fee you get from the attempt is the KH fee choose for suitable CO2 length set up one bottle, enable it run to for 3 days(or greater if the bottle is sparkling) and then degree the CO2. If that's too low, that's helpful to to characteristic yet another bottle. inspite of the undeniable fact that, in case you do, i desire to propose getting a valve regulator, accessible the two as a single or in a set/gang ( basically use it the different of its instructions) from Petsmart or different fish shop, to swap the CO2 as one bottle might not be sufficient, yet 2 bottles possibly too many. as quickly as you have each thing setup basically pay attention, your flora might bypass on improve spurt.

• There are several good youtube videos on the subject. Do a search of diy co2 reactor.