how big dose a false Percula clownfish get?

im looking for a breed of clownfish that grows to about 1 or 2" long i think it might be called "false Percula clownfish" though i cant find any info on them,

if you know what the breed is that im talking about could you tell me plz?

Comments

• There is two possibilities of what you're talking about. The thing is, they both grow about the same size.

False Percula Clown, AKA Ocellaris Clownfish (Amphiprion Ocellaris)-This is probably the clownfish you're talking about. This clown is a common kept fish in saltwater aquariums. They are adored because of their small(ish) size, beautiful coloring, and their swimming method (It's really adorable.. they swim similar to the way a snake slithers). They have become popular since the release of the movie "Finding Nemo." They are orange fish with three white vertical stripes down the sides slightly trimmed in black. There is another color variation of this clownfish as well. It's a Black Ocellaris Clownfish. You can also buy them with different striped patterns, and, if you're lucky enough, you can get a stripe less "naked" ocellaris clownfish.

Percula clownfish (Amiphiprion Percula) are the other clownfish. They look practically identical to the ocellaris clownfish, but the only difference is their stripes. Their bodies are also orange, as do they also have 3 vertical white stripes down the side. The only difference is that percula clownfish have thicker black to outline their 3 white stripes. Another thing is that percula clownfish are normally considered harder to keep than ocellaris clownfish.

To sum up, the last thing I'd like to say is to always buy captive clownfish. If you go to your local fish store or order online, you will normally have two choices: Wild caught clownfish or captive bred clownfish. ALWAYS buy captive bred. If your fish store doesn't have captive bred, wait until they get some in or go elsewhere. You won't regret it. Captive bred clowns are hardier, always trained to eat flake/frozen food, and aren't hurting the natural environment. Unfortunately, many vouch to buy wild caught clownfish because they are normally cheaper. So remember: Always ask if they're captive bred! You might save a couple of bucks buying wild caught, but it will bite you in the butt in the end!