Do police cruisers carry nitrous?

most of the answers in the web say it's not likely, but fail to give a straight answer. When a police came to my school and showed us his car, he showed us a tank that was in the trunk. My friend said he asked the cop and that he said it was nitrous oxide. I believe that it's not really necessary if they do have it and it is very expensive. Please only answers, no stupid remarks

Comments

• No law enforcement officer would have a car outfitted with that. It's dangerous at the very least and disastrous at the most. Why do you think it's illegal? Police cars, at least the ones in my area, are fast enough as it is. They're pumped up V8 Dodge chargers. Chargers don't need n-2-0 charging. They're fast enough as it is and after 120 mph, below the top speed of a charger, a vehicle becomes almost impossible to reasonably maneuver, making nitrous ridiculous. So no. No reasonable police force in America uses n-2-0 charging. The cop you're talking about was probably misinformed or making a joke.

• Except for a couple of tricked out show cars used for public relations/recruitment at races and car shows no real police cars, even chase cars, run nitrous.

• Hillbilly cops do that.

Cops like fast cars, which is why some people become cops, to drive fast. So some cops drive modified cars, often seized in drug cases.

it's not that expensive, but most big departments wouldn't do it, as it's dangerous.

• No, the cars have enough power as is.

• Only in films ...