Windows Vista Upgrade?

CPU: 1.73 GHz Pentium M

Memory: 1.024 GB

Hard Drive: 120 GB - 5400 RPM

Graphics Card: 256 MB NVIDIA GForce 6200

These are my computer specs.

I want to upgrade to Windows Vista Business Edition. Are these good to get a good Vista experience or should I get more memory?

How does the CPU speed affect Vista considering that Vista hogs more memory and thats it?

Comments

• Your computer can handle Vista without much problem. I would recommend that you upgrade your RAM to 2048 as it is not that expensive to do. However, you could always wait and go to Vista and then see how it affect your performance.

After personally using Vista now for 3 months, I do not see a good reason to upgrade from XP-Pro at this time. There are still a number of compatibility issues that have yet to be resolved. I would wait at least 6 months after the initial mass release before upgrading.

• That looks like a plenty good machine to use Vista. If Vista uses more memory, then it will use more CPU as well (I'm drawing a logical conclusion that if it uses more memory, it must be doing more with all that memory).

Any particular reason why you are moving up to Vista? Windows XP is fine for the moment, I don't anticipate many switching over to Vista until at least 2008, since it doesn't offer any groundbreaking technology to mandate upgrading (like XP did).

• the pc should be able to run Vista, only i doubt it is use full for you to transfer to Vista now, windows XP will be supported for a while, and probably you are going to buy a new pc in a couple of years and get Vista for free. I wouldn't spend the $300,- for Vista without any need for it.

• Your machine is fine, but don't waste the money on Vista just yet. Let them work out the many many many bugs first.