my garage door opener's remote control signal is getting worse.?

It is a craftsman brand, also i have to walk right up to the garage door and use the remote just for it to work. So what can i do to solve this problem???

Comments

• Put a fresh battery in your remote. It's easy and the batteries are available everywhere...probably a 2032. You will notice an amazing difference!

• If your remotes have "tuning" adjustments in them then I am guessing they are a pretty old model (probably over 15 years old). Since changing the batteries made no difference it may be that the receiver unit (usually a small box mounted somewhere on the outside of the motor on older models) is going bad. If all of the remotes are giving the same trouble at the same time then I would definitely start there.

• More than likely it is your batteries and they just need replaced, however you should look around and see if there is anything around your garage that could be causing any interference with the signal. Lastly, it could be that you just need to replace your garage door remote, fortunately they are easy and cheap to replace.

• Try replacing the batteries in the remote control