Does death scare you?

Why can't we figure out where we go when we die? Sometimes I think that is is completely over when you die....

Comments

• What makes you think you have to have a firm decision of what awaits you after death? Unless you ask someone who has died, you aren't going to know, so why agonize over it? You'll find out when you get there. Right now, you're here, so pay attention to one thing at a time.

Various religions have different beliefs about the afterlife that they hold firmly as hope for a better world and compensation for the suffering they've endured in this one.

People without religious beliefs, or those who have chosen to spurn their family's faith, often believe that there is nothing after death. Those thoughts often begin with a basis in not wanting to believe there is a hell to punish them - the rest just falls into place.

Death is the big unknown, so naturally there is a lot of speculation about it, and has been, down through the ages. That's why most religions offer something of an answer. Some have a heaven (of various names), some have repeated cycles of life on Earth to offer more learning experience, some - oh you get the drift here.

It's natural for humans to fear what they don't know, and since we don't know what follows death, some are afraid. Others have religious guidelines to follow, and fear is alleviated, often replaced with anticipation or even joy.

Whichever category you fall into, the fact still remains that we won't know until it happens to us, individually. Why waste your energy worrying about it? Make your own decision about what you believe, let everyone else alone to make theirs, and get on with your life.

• Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of

your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap. You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need

grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of

vegetable products. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up! Foods are fried these days in vegetable

oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You

should be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best

feel-good food around!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had

And remember: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in

sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• I have my own spiritual beliefs concerning death that allows me to not fear it, but you are not looking for a lesson in faith, you are seeking faith itself. Every person must come to terms with mortality. The only thing that we ALL know for sure about this world is that you cannot get out of it alive. Death is an experience that each must deal with personally, and no one can take your place. I personally believe that for those who have faith in Jesus Christ, this world is the only Hell they will ever know, and for those who reject Him, this world is the only Heaven they will ever see. If I'm wrong, I've still lived well and can meet death without regret or fear, and if I'm right, I'll pass from mortality to immortality and a home in a kingdom that will never know darkness, sickness, sadness, or dispare. Right or wrong, I still win.

• I'm not scared of death...I have some place to look forward to once I'm gone from Earth.

It's the *manner* in which I die that concerns me...

I'd hate to be tortured or burned to death. Drowning, yikes! Freezing to death would be ok, though.

• No, but dieing a slow death sure does. Let me go quick.

• Yes. I'm scared because I don't know what will happen. People have made assumptions of what they perceive will occur but, we don't know what exactly happens. Not knowing whether there will be a place where my soul will be free or if I'll just become someone else is scary.

• No! How i die on the other hand is a entirely different subject. Peace.

• Death is merely the cessation of life. Let it be said that you lived well, then, when it's time, die well, too.

• The way my life is going, death would be a welcome relief.

Pointless to be scared, it's coming to all alive sooner or later, like it or not, scared or accepted.

As stated by others here, it's how one comes to death that's bothersome to me. I'd like it to be quick, quiet and clean - no disease slowly, painfully bringing me down.

male, 45, Louisiana

• Illusions only, are life and death