How do you quote a quote from a novel in an Essay?

Alright, so I'm working on an essay about Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" and I wanted to reference the quote before the introduction by Nicolas Berdiaeff. There isn't a page number or anything as it's before even the forward, and it isn't Huxley's words at all. Would I even cite the novel or just Berdiaeff? Also, if it makes a difference my school uses MLA format. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much for reading!

Comments

• I don't know the quote or the edition. Is it a blurb? Is it an epigraph to the introduction? You don't give me enough information.

In your text:

(Berdaieff [np])

In the works cited:

Berdiaeff, Nicolas. [blurb for Huxley, Aldous. _Brave New World._ New York: Harper, 1998.]

Berdiaeff, Nicolas. [epigraph to introduction for Huxley, Aldous. _Brave New World._ New York: HarperCollins, 2010.]

• That you may quote anything that helps your point (do not forget to PEE :P point, instance, complicated). If the quote is only one line i would put it in speechmarks. "Then she looked as if it would bear in mind some thing and got here back to appear at him with marvel and curiosity." for example. To cite the web page use a footnote. A piece like above, i'd leave a line clean and tab in a single block for the *entire* quote (no longer just first line of), then depart an additional line clean before continuing. I would exhibit you however yahoo screws up the modifying!! Hope that helps :)