Go back to college as adult?

Update:

I am 25 and looking to go back to school. Finished my AA at community college but want to keep going. Currently working full time but I want to quit work and go full time schooling and part time working. Looking to study Biomedical Science to eventually become a Medical Lab Scientist. Have $60,000 saved up. Two years of schooling should cost around $40,000. With working that number should come down to around $25,000. Would you do it?

Comments

• Absolutely. Look into scholarships and federal work-study as well.

At a larger university, you could easily find a work-study job that would be related to your degree, which might be worth more in the long run than a higher-paying part-time job in an unrelated field.

• Yes, go for it.

• "Would you do it?"

Yes.

Also, be sure you do an internship or at least part-time work at a job related to your field. Having "real world" experience when you graduate will make you infinitely more interesting to companies. In fact, many companies will hire their interns after graduation. After all, you're already trained and they know you do good work. It's a no brainer for them.