Do REAL Americans actually exist?

I mean, nowadays you only see German-Americans, Spanish-Americans, Chinese Americans, Afro-Americans etc. Do actual Americans exist or are they just a mix of many different nationalities?

I'm not talking about the Native-Americans.

Thank you!

Update:

Oh, right. How could I possibly forget the English-Americans.

Comments

• So...to be a "real" american, you have to speak English?? LOL LOL LOL LOL...To be a real american, you have to borrow from another culture? Jeeze people have low I.Q.'s. To be american is to not belong here. You HAVE To be european american, asian american, etc. Unless you are Native American, you aren't a REAL american, you are a leeching descendant of invaders. No, you didn't ask to be borne here, any more than the child of a thief asks their parents to rob a bank on their behalf.

• By your standards there are no such things as "real" or "actual" Americans.......Other than us Native Americans, the rest are just the descendants of immigrants from all over the world....which is why its laughable when some go on rants about immigrants from places that do not speak English as a primary language.

• I am not native to this side of the world, but my forefathers made no effort to preseve any old world heritage, so I have no choice but to declare myself and my descendants 100% U.S.A. American. A cousin of my mother spent years researching and verified that the family name Allen is from an original Allen family of Connecticut and one, Ethan Allen dating to pre-revolutionary war public service records and renown of Vermont. Half of my family names are presumed English, and half are very German but no records of immigration exist , but for letters dated before 1800 with no reference to places but here.

So yes , I am American and nothing more, aside from once impoverishing in England as a refugee, partly, I imagine. However, I find the 'native' spirit to be quite ancient and wise, and integrated beyond measure. Somehow I know the land will become us as we become the land. Here in California, things have still the flavor of a wild world gold rush as early history. Lately it is much more Hispanic, and this return of cultural history actually gives the state more heritage, but renews us as our nation's ever-leading frontier. Sounds kinda phoney, but since the whole world comes here and tries to like it, and buy it, that's the way its going to sound. At times, and crazy I am to say it, it seems the whole world lives in dreams here., I feel very fortunate to be here, listening to trends occur.

• Ethnically we are a mix. You do have ethnic pockets here and there, but the trend is for those to blend over time. Many people look at how long a person's family has been in the US or at least in North America. My family has British roots and goes back to colonial times and there are Latinos in places like Texas who go back to before the Texas Revolution in the 1830s. They are called Tejanos. There are other examples as well--African Americans who go back to the days of slavery, and many AAs have found out they are also related to the Old South aristocracy--doesn't take much imagination to figure out how that happened. I recently heard of an African American entrepreneur who bought an old southern mansion/plantation house and is using it in the hospitality industry. His family is "from" there.

All that to say there is no generic Americans, at least ethnically. Culturally, we are a blend--eating pizza at a Mexican-American birthday party, or a couple of Anglo cowboy types in Texas going out for Vietnamese food. A real American is someone who believes in liberty and democracy, wherever they are from.

• There are lots of people who consider themselves to be real Americans, and do not want others to learn a foreign language, but speak English.

• On the east coast, you know where your family came from

I did a year in Washington state

They had no idea

They had more the pioneer background

Where the east coast, where your family came from is important

In the west, a lot is your family leaving the east and taking wagons to the west

They lost where they came from and came what the family did

So yes

• What constitutes a 'real' american if you don't include Native Americans? Everyone else is descended from settlers and immigrants.

• We're still here. Why do you have a hard time seeing us?

• Im australia :D