how do you rip a movie into your windows media player from a dvd disc?

i can do cd' s but im rippin my hair out trying to figure out movies (dvd' s). could you please try to explain in lamens terms

Comments

• you can watch a dvd in media player but that's about it.

I use dvdshrink....it's crazy outdated but I still find it useful. Available as freeware though. For starters, it relies on the Nero burning engine so you'll need that installed as well. And it won't handle any of the newer discs.

For new releases, dvdfab is the way to go. They update regularly and can handle anything you throw in there. dvdfab decrypter is a ripper only and is freeware...after you get them decrypted you can then load the files back into shrink. Platinum edition costs a few bucks but registration hacks are all over the p2p networks. That version will have it's own burning engine so you wouldn't need any additional software...although i've found the burning stage to be buggy from time to time so i pretty much just use it as a ripper.

I do about 25 movies a month with the blockbuster plan and haven't had any trouble with an updated version of fab

• LOL.. that was me like 2 yrs ago...

LMAO nope u aint gonna accomplish that. u need a special dvd decoder .. basically a other program windows media player can only do cd rips not dvd...